Menu
Forums
New posts
What's new
New posts
Latest activity
Awards
Log in
Register
What's new
New posts
Menu
Log in
Register
Forums
Telly Talk Soaps
UK Soaps Forum
Corrie
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="Englishboy" data-source="post: 385269" data-attributes="member: 70"><p>How do you know what people tune in to watch it for?</p><p></p><p>The likes of Barbara Knox and William Roache are rarely in the soap these days so it can’t be to watch their on screen characters.</p><p></p><p>The writers certainly seem to have fallen out of love with both Rita and Ken and I can’t remember the last time either one of them had a proper storyline. At best, they are “supporting“ actors rather than “main cast” and I won’t miss them when they leave.</p><p></p><p>Indeed, they’re so elderly now and their appearances so infrequent that I’m not sure they’d be capable of carrying a major storyline nowadays. And I actually think that they can come across as quite “hammy” in their performances.</p><p></p><p>For me, it is the younger generation of actors who are currently front and centre of the show that are the future of the cobbles.</p><p></p><p>As for your comments about declining viewing figures over the last three years you could apply this same argument equally to most programmes (including both Eastenders and Emmerdale) over the same period.</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="Englishboy, post: 385269, member: 70"] How do you know what people tune in to watch it for? The likes of Barbara Knox and William Roache are rarely in the soap these days so it can’t be to watch their on screen characters. The writers certainly seem to have fallen out of love with both Rita and Ken and I can’t remember the last time either one of them had a proper storyline. At best, they are “supporting“ actors rather than “main cast” and I won’t miss them when they leave. Indeed, they’re so elderly now and their appearances so infrequent that I’m not sure they’d be capable of carrying a major storyline nowadays. And I actually think that they can come across as quite “hammy” in their performances. For me, it is the younger generation of actors who are currently front and centre of the show that are the future of the cobbles. As for your comments about declining viewing figures over the last three years you could apply this same argument equally to most programmes (including both Eastenders and Emmerdale) over the same period. [/QUOTE]
Insert quotes…
Verification
Who played Sue Ellen in Dallas?
Post reply
Forums
Telly Talk Soaps
UK Soaps Forum
Corrie
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
Accept
Learn more…
Top