Forums
New posts
What's new
New posts
Latest activity
Awards
Log in
Register
What's new
New posts
Menu
Log in
Register
Install the app
Install
Poison your name this Hallowe'en
There's plenty of time to choose your spooky October username
Click here for more details
Forums
Global Telly Talk
Classic US TV
Alice (TV series)
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="Crimson" data-source="post: 235701" data-attributes="member: 5079"><p>I watched some clips of ALICE on Youtube tonight and think I answered my own question about why the show vanished: it doesn't seem to have been very good. I wouldn't go so far as to call the show bad, but the clips -- from the first four seasons -- fell somewhere between pleasantly amusing and mildly grating. The best thing I can say is that the show had the decency to not have an obnoxiously loud laugh track that was out-of-proportion to its slim humor.</p><p></p><p>I found both Flo and especially Vera to be a tad annoying; I suspect I would grow weary of both characters very quickly. On the other hand, I rather liked Linda Lavin's earthy drollness as Alice.</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="Crimson, post: 235701, member: 5079"] I watched some clips of ALICE on Youtube tonight and think I answered my own question about why the show vanished: it doesn't seem to have been very good. I wouldn't go so far as to call the show bad, but the clips -- from the first four seasons -- fell somewhere between pleasantly amusing and mildly grating. The best thing I can say is that the show had the decency to not have an obnoxiously loud laugh track that was out-of-proportion to its slim humor. I found both Flo and especially Vera to be a tad annoying; I suspect I would grow weary of both characters very quickly. On the other hand, I rather liked Linda Lavin's earthy drollness as Alice. [/QUOTE]
Insert quotes…
Verification
What month follows July?
Post reply
Forums
Global Telly Talk
Classic US TV
Alice (TV series)
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
Accept
Learn more…
Top